Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simply JAY



                Have you been to an incident wherein someone seems to call your name then you said "yes" or acknowledged it by gestures or facial expressions, then the bad thing is, it is not you who's been called for? How does it feel? It sounds quiet funny yet you get the feeling of irritation, right? But, whether you like it or not, you have to accept with all of your heart that our names are also named  to other people either by just a coincidence or by intention. Well, if there is a person who has the same name as yours, put in mind that it may stands the same identity but it comes up with different meanings according to your personality and possessions.

               Our names are always speaking of who we are. Everyday, life is incomplete without our name being called. Others say, it is by destiny and some say it is by choice with a history. But, whatever it is, these distinct meanings were built by our own.

               I wonder why my parents named me Jay. I can't even find connections with their names (Maria Luz and Benjamin). I don't even get their point why they named me a three-letter combination, succinct yet mysterious. When I ask them about it, they just told me that they wanted a short name for me and forgot the whole thing what's behind it. But whatever reason they might say, i'm just so grateful that they named me so unique in the world that I've known.

               When you look for the definition of jay in the dictionary, you'll find that it is a noun which is a noisy European bird of the crow family with vivid plumage. Well, I can say that I am not that literally noisy person, I am the one who is "silence depends upon the mood and situation", adjusting unnecessary things and identifying elements to be eliminated imperfectly yet trying my best. My friends call me Jay, well, everybody calls me Jay and this name is mostly used by Americans influencing Filipinos. This is me, just simply Jay.

               I've been through experiences wherein my name comes a lot in common to other people. I'm used to it. It is widely used in a name combinations. This brings no problem in me, in fact, I feel so blessed having it, because every name that we have is a precious gift from above and I firmly believed that every name definitely named in you for a reason. It may be ill-defined to be understood now, but for sure someday you will.

2 comments:

  1. The essay is very well written despite some minor flaws. You have combined different elements that helped build the overall tone of the essay.

    Grammar points:

    1. Be consistent with your pronoun use. If you chose to write in the second person pronoun, you have to use it throughout your essay.
    2. Use quite instead of quiet (It sounds quiet funny > > It sounds quite funny)

    Organization - 18/20
    Content -34 /40
    Sentence Fluency - 7/10
    Conventions -17 /20
    Legibility - 9/10

    TOTAL - 85/100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments:
    The essay is good though some sentences could be improved as they show some grammatical flaws, wrong use of words, wrong conjugation of verbs and poor/weak sentence construction.
    - “…put in mind that it may stands…” – “…may stand…”
    - “Everyday, life is incomplete without our name being called.” – “Our everyday life is incomplete without hearing someone calling our name.”
    - “When I ask them about it…” – “When I asked them about it…”
    Rating:
    Organization – 16/20
    Content - 32/40
    Sentence Fluency – 7/10
    Conventions – 14/20
    Legibility – 8/10
    Total: 77/100

    ReplyDelete